Thinking about law school, but not sure where to start?
At the 2019 Washington DC Law School Fair at George Washington University™, you will be able to:
- Meet representatives from over 125 law schools.
- Learn about different program opportunities.
- Obtain detailed information to help you evaluate schools.
- Get your admissions questions (PDF)* answered.
- Go behind the scenes of a mock law school admissions committee meeting.
- Attend panels and workshops that help you get through the law school process.
- Talk to a pre-law advisor to get answers to your questions about the application process or anything else you want to know about applying to law school.
Don’t miss your chance to meet recruiters and discover the program that is right for you.
There is no dress code for this event, but business casual is suggested. ASL interpreters will be available.
*Questions to Ask at a Law School Fair (PDF) courtesy of LSAC.
2019 Registration in the Spring.
2019 Workshop Schedule
Law School Fair 101 – 3:00 PM
Facilitated by Gilda Mossadegh, JD, M.Ed.
Get tips on how to maximize your time at the Law School Fair. Be prepared and make the most of your face-to-face opportunity with law school representatives by learning:
- which questions would be more productive to ask to begin a conversation,
- how to map out your day to take advantage of the workshops and meet all of the law schools on your list,
- what to look for in a law school.
Your Questions Answered: Workshop for Applicants to Joint Degree Programs – 5:00 PM
Facilitated by TBD
This workshop will answer key questions about Joint Degree programs and the application process. The speakers are admission officers at US law schools who have experience advising candidates considering joint programs that combine a J.D. with another graduate/professional degree.
In the workshop, you will learn about:
- researching and identifying programs that fit your needs and career goals,
- navigating the application process,
- the various means to finance the cost of a joint program.
The workshop concludes with a question-and-answer period so that you have the opportunity to get all of the information you need.
Financing Your Legal Education – 6:00 PM
Facilitated by Sherry Mason
This workshop will walk you through some important information about financing your legal education and finding the right school for you. It addresses questions you should be asking before, during and after law school, and offers tools to help you make informed financial decisions every step of the way. Sherry Mason is an Accredited Financial Counselor, and a former lawyer and pre-law advisor. AccessLex Institute is a mission-based nonprofit and policy institute focused on affordability and access to legal education. All the tools, research, and programs we provide are free to students and schools.
Mock Admissions Panel – 7:30 PM
Facilitated by John S. Benfield
What does it REALLY take to get in to your top law school? Is it all just about the “numbers”? Find out how an Admissions Committee considers your law school application – whether it’s at your “stretch school” or your “safety school.”
Whether you intend to apply to the schools presenting this program or not, this presentation will be eye-opening and you will take away candid, “inside” information that will help you be the “Yes – Admit” applicant wherever you choose to apply.
Come prepared for a lively, interactive exercise!
Meet the Law School “Gate Keepers”:
Shawn McShay, Assistant Dean, Admissions and Financial Aid, Boston College Law School
Nefyn Meissner, Senior Assistant Director of Admissions, Harvard Law School
Michelle Rahman, Associate Dean, University of Richmond School of Law
John Benfield, Associate Dean, Widener Law Commonwealth
Questions? Email Marcus Ware at firstname.lastname@example.org.